OL657: Duck Tales - The Broken Arms Suite » Goto ReMiX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: ReMiX ReViEwS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: OL657: Duck Tales - The Broken Arms Suite Reply with quote

Rarely do I come across a remix on this site that brings a genuine smile to my face. Most of the time, I just hear giggle-inducing silliness that, while fun, isn't all that memorable. I forget that I've heard it in a week, unless someone brings it up. "Oh yeah, that song. It was pretty good, I guess."

This is not one of those remixes. This is one of the few great songs on the site that will bring you back for more, for a long time to come. A great deal of effort was put into this, and you can tell. Is it OCR-worthy? I don't think so, primarily because most of the things getting on OCR in recent times don't have this kind of fun spirit. But it definitely holds a place in my heart, and on my MP3 player.

If you're only going to listen to one remix today, or even this week, make it this one.

(PS: I'm posting this a day early because I'm gonna be busy as the shits tomorrow, so this counts as the remix for August 3rd.)

Last edited by Divisible by Waffle on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OL657: Duck Tales - The Broken Arms Suite Reply with quote

epic
That Guy from Faxanadu
The Princess (100+)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloGamer wrote:
epic

You said it. This pice is not flawless in any way, but it´s so ambitious and creative I can´t help but love it! The song starts off with a lose cover of the tv-theme, then the instrumental level select theme starts and it gets better and better. Very nice arena-rock feeling when the crowd comes in...
downshift
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mix pretty much pwnz.

+5 Duck Tales

+5 11 minutes long

+1 becuz

11/11
cawnil
Contributing Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're really good.
this belongs on vinyl by far.
it's like this gorgeous bed and i'm so in it.
or i could be wrong but you know i think it just has enough mustard.
and so much more, even for the fact that a lizard can really rock it so far, and never have i even known it.
Brunzolaitis
Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is totally underrated and overlooked. When this was released, I remember I didn't "get" it, but now that I listen to more complex and challenging music, I find this absolutely wonderful. I can hear that you're quite influenced by Prog & Beefheart (rip).

http://daismusic.bandcamp.com
penguindf12
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brunzolaitis wrote:
This is totally underrated and overlooked. When this was released, I remember I didn't "get" it, but now that I listen to more complex and challenging music, I find this absolutely wonderful. I can hear that you're quite influenced by Prog & Beefheart (rip).

I have never heard higher praise... it's especially awesome to hear this coming from you, Brunzo! (one of the great Austrian composers, as noted in your tag!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Peach
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this funny misheard lyrics of the German version of the DuckTales theme song. Including the lyrics made this remix incredibly funny, especially with how they are articulated. The following movements of the suite are unique, and are intriguing to hear.

My one criticism is that the lyrics are not mixed well with the instrumentation (too quiet), and some of the lyrical timing actually takes away from the song, despite its attempts to be appropriately silly. Other that that, this piece is brilliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: ReMiX ReViEwS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: