OL27: Super Mario Bros 3 - Music Box (mov. 2) » Goto ReMiX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: ReMiX ReViEwS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Fag
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: OL27: Super Mario Bros 3 - Music Box (mov. 2) Reply with quote

Movement 2, a drunk variation on the first, strikes me as a metaphor representing the later levels in Mario 3. By this time, Mario is tired and disoriented and wonders why all the Goombas are suddenly three stories tall. Sleepy again, this time with scary harmonies and no drums.
King Of Pillows
Bowser (2,000+)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many of you have already seen, this song has catapulted all the way to the bottom of the barrel, this song has been rated at an average of 1.00 out of 11 by 5 voters, and with good reason. Thsi song takes a song that was already pretty bad in my opinion, and takes it to depths too low to even exist. This song is somehow so bad it is beyond it's own reality. This song makes me want to cry. Crying or Very sad

Also, I did somemath just now and, based on the votes of all of ISC's songs, his average rating is a 4.562, which is pretty damn low. Possibly the lowest rated ReMiXeR on this site.
richter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is weird because he's the best.

Also, he has the most.
Mighty Composing Sexophonist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHITTY EQUAL MORE BETTER.

THEREFORE< I SUCK.

Yeah, what King Of Pillows said. I like my music shitty, but not to the extreme that it's painful to me to listen to (then again, I am a musician...)
Xenon is the Ailsean of OverLooked.
Eriw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad this is bullying against ISC Crying or Very sad Laughing
He's one of the reasons to why we came up with this community. I think my favorite is Chip and Dale.

Xenon Odyssey wrote:

(then again, I am a musician...)

So is he - one of those... experimental musicians. ("Hmmm, do the bass lines and the guitar really have to go together?") ufo

Btw, Richter, your reviews of his songs are Thumbs Up

Last edited by Eriw on Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was the first time i was actually bold enough to listen to one of his remixes.

I must say, i will not make such a dire mistake twice. On any other site i'd suggest booting him out, but here I suggest we give him a trophy for perfectly capturing the true spirit of this site. This kind of crappiness isn't just amateur stuff, here we have someone with great remixing talent who deliberately creates a horrible song, testing how far he can go to push it to the line between tolerable and intolerable. and he balances on that line with ease. Thumbs Up

the_p00t Classic* now back for a limited time.
new AIM madoubletee2290, for all my fans. also catch me on Xbox Live under BeastAxe. i play Gears, guys!
Mystical dead guy jimbo
Mario Mario (1,000+)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_p00t wrote:
this was the first time i was actually bold enough to listen to one of his remixes.

I must say, i will not make such a dire mistake twice. On any other site i'd suggest booting him out, but here I suggest we give him a trophy for perfectly capturing the true spirit of this site. This kind of crappiness isn't just amateur stuff, here we have someone with great remixing talent who deliberately creates a horrible song, testing how far he can go to push it to the line between tolerable and intolerable. and he balances on that line with ease. Thumbs Up

oops. i saw this from the remix page, and i didn't know it was written by the poot. i was totally about to applaud you, too. but, uh, think globally!
Samus Aran's Tampons
Baby Koopa (300+)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellow and relaxing. Meditative and deep. It reminds me of swimming in the ocean.

My real name is Tiberius Deathcock.
OFFICIAL OLR ex-PUBLIC ENEMY
Hella-tight MC Fukkaslut? More like Smelly-White MC Fukkedinbutt
10/12/05 NEVAR FORGET - OLR: SERIOUS BUSINESS
GOODBYE FOREVER I'M LEAVING AND NOT COMING BACK HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY OLR
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 month check in: still sucks.

the_p00t Classic* now back for a limited time.
new AIM madoubletee2290, for all my fans. also catch me on Xbox Live under BeastAxe. i play Gears, guys!
CHickenwarlord
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an excellent idea and I'd like to give it a higher rating, but I'm so tired and disoriented I think I gave it a 3.
penguindf12
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it seems ISC replaces the rhythmic displacement of Movement 1 with harmonic dislocation in the accompaniment. Both pieces seem to depict a sleepy/drugged/drunk Mario as he stumbles home. I imagine that Movement 1 takes place soon after Mario begins his journey home, in the early morning streets of some Mushroom Kingdom bar district. Movement 2 sounds as if the sun has already risen and Mario is suffering from a massive throbbing hangover.

The accompaniment, in addition to harmonizing dissonantly with the primary line, wobbles with thick tremolo and woozy, deep EQ that feels like I'm choking on phlegm. An evocative character piece/soundtrack, but vageuly nauseating as a piece of music.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
4g
Ludwig Von Koopa (250+)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't stop listening to this song... there's a combination of sleep deprivation... two similar, yet not, tunes trying to strangle one another (and the unwary listener...).

Wow... just wow... wow Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
(make it stop... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

I doubt that such a remix could easily be recreated. It requires a special type of... genius... a true masterpiece!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: ReMiX ReViEwS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: