OL100: SF2: Champion Edition - King of Pillows » Goto ReMiX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: ReMiX ReViEwS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregZor wrote:
GREATEST SONG ON OLR

and I think this song needs to be bumped and played more, especially seeing that there is an impending possible return of the King.

i dont care much fir this as a song, but as a statement i think its hilarious.

the_p00t Classic* now back for a limited time.
new AIM madoubletee2290, for all my fans. also catch me on Xbox Live under BeastAxe. i play Gears, guys!
penguindf12
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person who thinks ISC's entire library slammed together in a stereo panning overlap played at 300 bpm at 200 decibels would be better than this song? And was completely and utterly serious?

Then again I don't like pop or punk, I don't know who the King of Pillows was beyond that he was a judge here awhile back, I prefer analog to electronic, and have never played Streetfighter, so I don't have much weight in this here opinion I reckon.

But I know what music I like tho, n' this ain't it.

[INSERT NASTY COMMENTS QUOTIN' VARIOUS PARTS OF THIS POST, W/ COMMENTS LIKE "think globally! n00B", "DAMN RIGHT", ETC]

i gonna get flammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmed

but this is really what i think; i've heard it like 3 times now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GregZor
Bowser (2,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

penguindf12 wrote:
i gonna get flammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmed

i respect your opinion
Why do you guys play video games? You're never going to make money doing it, infact you waste money doing it. Most of you don't have girlfriends, and the 4 of you that do, probably found her outside digging through your garbage can trying to eat garbage.
Viiklas
Churchy La Femme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a song that you would have to know the king of pillows in order for this to be funny, thats for sure
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viiklas wrote:
this is a song that you would have to know the king of pillows in order for this to be funny, thats for sure

true, true.

but for those who know him its fucking HILARIOUS.

new AIM madoubletee2290, for all my fans. also catch me on Xbox Live under BeastAxe. i play Gears, guys!
vindkast
Mario Mario (1,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_p00t wrote:
Viiklas wrote:

true, true.

I don't agree... I thought this song was hilarious when I first (re)discovered the site, and I have a couple friends who love it but have no idea who KoP is, or even what OLR is. The lyrics are creative and funny even if you don't know they're about a real person Very Happy

Not for everybody I guess, but probably my all-time favorite. I wound up singing this loud off the roof of a parking garage a couple weeks ago to calm my nerves before an interview FUBAR
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vindkast wrote:
I wound up singing this loud off the roof of a parking garage a couple weeks ago to calm my nerves before an interview FUBAR

I can dig it! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nine... *sob*
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing important to say. I have nothing better to do. I am pathetic.
Infinite MP
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (Un)Official Music Video
Mario Mario (1,000+)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vroom! 'd

I always have to suppress the urge to sing sing along with the "gay fellatio" part out loud. ... just me? Ok then.

The filter should have been:

Nine... *sob* wrote:
I have nothing to say, and I say it often.

Bowser (2,000+)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for awesomeness, and everyone new to OLR should hear this as initiation
Why do you guys play video games? You're never going to make money doing it, infact you waste money doing it. Most of you don't have girlfriends, and the 4 of you that do, probably found her outside digging through your garbage can trying to eat garbage.
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregZor wrote:
bump for awesomeness, and everyone new to OLR should hear this as initiation

and then we make them sing into their microphones until they go hoarse.

Nase
Baby Koopa (300+)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vindkast wrote:
Vroom! 'd

I always have to suppress the urge to sing sing along with the "gay fellatio" part out loud. ... just me? Ok then.

Nope, not just you.
Ever so often, when I walk down the street, I have a Shael tune caught in my ear. It must be his voice, it just sits perfectly on that fine line between catchy and annoying.

Anyway, whenever I get to the gay fellatio part, I start realizing semi-subconsciously that I'm probably making a fool out of myself and turn the voice down. I hardly ever totally stop though, so maybe there were people who could witness some guy passing along and mumbling something about gay fellatio.

Gay fellatio has such a nice ring to it though, phonetically. It's really lyrical. Thumbs Up
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nase wrote:
vindkast wrote:
Vroom! 'd

Nope, not just you.
Ever so often, when I walk down the street, I have ... gay fellatio ... I hardly ever totally stop though, so maybe there were people who could witness some ... gay fellatio.
Thumbs Up

what i read.

vindkast
Mario Mario (1,000+)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nase wrote:
vindkast wrote:
Vroom! 'd

Nope, not just you.
Ever so often, when I walk down the street, I have a Shael tune caught in my ear. It must be his voice, it just sits perfectly on that fine line between catchy and annoying.

Anyway, whenever I get to the gay fellatio part, I start realizing semi-subconsciously that I'm probably making a fool out of myself and turn the voice down. I hardly ever totally stop though, so maybe there were people who could witness some guy passing along and mumbling something about gay fellatio.

Gay fellatio has such a nice ring to it though, phonetically. It's really lyrical. Thumbs Up

Exactly! The song just draws out words and lures you into grooving and singing along, then secretly builds up to blindsiding you with a self-conscious sucker-punch -- "pillllowssss! or king of noooooodles, king of hiiiiiitler I don't knowwwwww, Iiii'll be the kiiing of, GAY FELLLLATI-*aaaaaaaahem* hey now, erm, yeah, um. *ahem* huuuuhhh, was I, was I singing out loud again? *ahem* yeah? oh..."
Judge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Did a cover of this in concert a couple of years back.
Special guest appearance by my brother Devon on backup vocals and harmonica. I'd say he did a hell of a tight job.

Someone was cool enough to film a little bootleg and pop it up onto the old YouTubes:
Shael Riley - King of Pillows (Live Disk Mastah Smokabitch Cover).

Whoever and wherever DMS is, something tells me that his spirit is still alive and well to this very day.
GregZor
Bowser (2,000+)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still one of the best songs on the site because of the emotional attachment all us oldtimers have to it and it's contents
4g
Ludwig Von Koopa (250+)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an honor for me to post a review of this greatness. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
It really can bring out the worst in everyone.

I wish some one will once sing such a remix about me... ISC playing the drums, Xenon Odessey playing the sax, and Jikg singing... please... please make it happen...

On side note, if you'd like a face to associate this remix with (based on a random youtube search)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3tyb-NNok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: ReMiX ReViEwS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: