the real OLR rebirth
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dasaten
Vampire Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: the real OLR rebirth Reply with quote

hey y'all

came back to check this site again, as one does, and i just really wanna get it back up and running again. i've been playing a lot of music over the past year, cause i took a break from work after 4 yrs here in germany (emigrating to a new country is tough shit). but, kinda ready to take a break from playing, need to find a new job in the next couple months. mostly would really love to see the vgm scene get the much needed flavOLR injection it's been waiting years for and miss this place being active, cause it's just the best.

i'm ready to resume my shitty judgefgt duties, and whatever else i might be able to help with.

if anyone knows how to get in touch with peeps and let em know what's goin down, that'd be coo.

panguin says he wants to help code and shit, is anyone that knows how to get in touch with suzu or rama or whoever has the login for site management able to make that happen?

also, as usual, i'm up for bring back the voting system. it's what made this site unique and fun, and took pressure off serious reviews and all that junk.

whaddya'll think?
penguindf12
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seconded

now we wait for corpses to rise
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shpladoink
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah make a thing

i submitted my first remix here OVER A DECADE AGO

kill me
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm still as useless as ever but I do have the OLR twitter account.
If anyone wants to take charge of it let me know and I'll hand over the login info.

If not then cool. I'll just keep sporadically checking this site for new mixes to tweet.
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to participate in this in any way I can. But between a full time job and caring for a terminally ill family member, I'm not sure how much time I can devote to this right now. Still, I'll try to be around and active as much as possible. Speed bumps!
dasaten
Vampire Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet Solo, had no idea there was even an OLR twitter (maybe I did at some point, but getting old and shit)

i think the basic thing for now seems like just to get the site recoded and fresh, which penguin wants to have a stab at. i suppose he's been saying that for a couple years now, just need to get the right ppl in touch with each other. vilecat said something about that happening, see y'all in another 2 years? (lol)
penguindf12
Bubsy the Bobcat (500+)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dasaten wrote:
sweet Solo, had no idea there was even an OLR twitter (maybe I did at some point, but getting old and shit)

i think the basic thing for now seems like just to get the site recoded and fresh, which penguin wants to have a stab at. i suppose he's been saying that for a couple years now, just need to get the right ppl in touch with each other. vilecat said something about that happening, see y'all in another 2 years? (lol)

I just need the damn domain name really. That, &/or authorization to access the FTP or hosting or whatever. If I rebuilt the site, I'd do it up with Ruby on Rails & some JavaScript, dunno what the original boys did. It'd really be swell to get in touch with those boys. So:

1) Who built this site (in its current version)?
2) Who currently has access to the domain/FTP/hosting/app/database?

We just gotta track down that/those guy(s) via any illicit means imaginable -- #2 is more important, #1 is nice but not essential -- and try to contact a few different ways.

Was it Xenon that was last top admin?
Did richter build the current version of the site?

If anyone knows their real names &/or contact info, or any other leads, PM or e-mail me at penguindf12 at hotmail (dot com)

I can start building a Rails/JS replacement for the current site, get it all configured, maybe even scrape the current site's data into it, but to launch it at this domain I'll need permission. Or get real good at hacking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

penguindf12 wrote:

1) Who built this site (in its current version)?
2) Who currently has access to the domain/FTP/hosting/app/database?

1) I think it was still Richter (Matt hacket) who was in command when this current version of the site was made.

2)Think that's Sgt Rama (Doug Arley) or at least that's who I contacted to fix the broken forum registration thing from however long ago that was. Suzumebachi (Ty Guenley) might also have admin/ftp/hosting/whatever access to the site. idk \_(ツ)_/¯
Tarrasque
A Boy and His Blob (400+)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent the following as a private message to dasaten but he didn't actually receive it apparently, and on second thought there's no reason this vital information shouldn't be public, so here it is in its entirety:

Suzumebachi is the online superhero name of Ty Guenley, whose facebook profile is here: https://www.facebook.com/tguenley

Xenon Odyssey is Bobby Keller, and he is a handsome saxophonist: https://www.facebook.com/bobby.keller.9216?fref=ts

both of these young men are busy little beavers and may take a while to get back to you about stuff, but there they are!

i don't know anybody else that could be of assistance. i am very good friends with F4T4L, who is an admin emeritus pretty much everywhere, especially ThaSauce, but hasn't been in the "remix game" for about a decade now. i am still in contact with Richter because he and i go waaaaaaaaay back, but he has long since moved on from OLR, as you know. DBW is technically an admin here but she does not have database access or, to my understanding, any tools except the default moderator control panel for phpBB forums. if you can name any other people that might be able to help you, i will CHASE THEM DOWN WITH GUSTO
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrasque wrote:
DBW is technically an admin here but she does not have database access or, to my understanding, any tools except the default moderator control panel for phpBB forums. if you can name any other people that might be able to help you, i will CHASE THEM DOWN WITH GUSTO
That used to be correct, but now I only seem to be able to post remixes, edit and delete other members' posts along with my own, and add games/consoles to the database for the purpose of remix categorization. If I try to access the phpBB moderator control panel, it kicks me out to the main page of the fourms.

So believe it or not, I'm actually more useless in this situation than you could have ever imagined FUBAR
Brunzolaitis
Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered my password. Good brain.
I have admin rights too, but it's the same issue, I can't access the big admin panel anymore. That seems to be some kind of bug, because last time I checked I was able to see all the wordfilters, technical stuff etc.

http://daismusic.bandcamp.com
dasaten
Vampire Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, PM notifications are still broken for me, as is profile editing and other stuff.

glad you know your roots and remembered your PW brunzo!

i would just like to add that I am pretty much as useless as waffle claims she is. i hope tarrasque or anyone can help finally get penguin some access to recode the site.

as far as peeps i'm still in touch with from time to time from here on fb or skype, just eriw and jildon really. (nase (skoshu) is still missing in action, his last contact was to shnabubula from an internet cafe in amsterdam a couple months ago) i've passed along the word to them.

just in case, my email is still the same shomeraz@gmail.com
Torzelan
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awshieee, remembered password, it was like the oldest one wow
rise from your graves Vroom!
fingers crossed for an olresurrection
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If somebody can think of something useful for me to do you can hit me up at divisiblebywaffle@gmail.com

I respond readily to email, usually within a few hours unless I'm asleep or some shit's gone down at the lab.
Tomapella
Flammie Fag

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOMAPELLA'S STILL ALIVE

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can access the forum admin panel again, the fuck if I know why Question Question Question Question Question Question dino
4g
Ludwig Von Koopa (250+)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, this is a thing... oh wait, no...
Yay, this is a thing... oh wait, no...
Yay, this is a thing... ahg...
I get my hopes up for the kick of being disappointed Razz

But on a more serious note: Is there anything that could be done to help (some services might be within my power). Otherwise I can occassionally root from the sideline
Go team, go!

By the way, is the notification for firefox that the login is insecure because of http/https shenanigans a thing, or not?
pokezel
Luigi Mario (200+)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!1
pokezel
Luigi Mario (200+)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness, I'd love to help if possible. I've been cheerleading for OLR my whole life (even played 777 mix for some strangers in the car this weekend in the year of our lord 2017) and want to bring the light and flavOLR of OLR back to the scene!

With the success of high quality video game rip scene, OLR is poised for the greatest comeback of all time. (This time with limited drama, hopefully)

I am also connected with Ty (Suzums/current webmaster) so if we need more pokes in his direction I'm happy to reach out.

Seriously we need some American politics quote remixes I'm dying here

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: