QEAR - Questionable Execution, Awesome Remix
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenon Odyssey
Mighty Composing Sexophonist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm probably the only person who checks OLR twice a day, so of course i'm reading this thread.

so, re-establish old timeframe? make bonuses optional again/more general bonuses/only one bonus needed?

also, we were trying to get mixes that would fit with the rest of the site, so we don't have accidents like this just for the off chance of no one else entering that month. you could either be crappy OR funny, not necessarily both.

the themes may not be as straight-forward as they were when I was doing OLRm, but they aren't 'ruled' by Tarrasque; if you win, you get to pick the theme! we just add the write-up part for the lols

bottom line is: I don't want to run a contest that majority of our 'community' isn't happy with, so tell me what you want to keep, what to change, and we'll get this back to some type of semi-regular participation.
Xenon is the Ailsean of OverLooked.
One Winged Rakunya
Slime (25+)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, I check this quite frequently, too. Smile

I definitely agree with the quality control aspect. And I'm on the fence about the timeline aspect, honestly. I like having the opportunity to do the contest more often, but at the same time, less time means there's a greater chance people won't have the time to do it. Already been caught by that myself, but I'm a horrid procrastinator so I'm probably not the best example...

But yeah, either make the bonuses more general or make it so you only have to have one. I'm really stretching on this fortnight's mix because of the bonuses, and its gonna come down to me figuring out how to incorporate old school samples into my mix.

For the most part, I like the write ups, but sometimes they feel long winded. Not that I'm suggesting a fix for that, or even saying it needs to be fixed, just my musings. I tend to type in stream of thought.
Brunzolaitis
Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard for me to incorporate required bonuses, I'm still used to the optional ones. For the last two contests I had two songs were I thought: "Those are perfect OLR competition material", but I couldn't weave the bonuses in in any way. I think the limitations and requirements are too strict. And I think all those various voting categories are highly objective, everybody has different tastes and ideas of a funny mix, some like fart noises and give LOL +3, others detest them and give 0 points.

And, if I remember correctly, until OLRmageddon V only the winning song was directly posted, only later all first three were posted. I think, whatever the future holds for any contests it's best to only post the winning song.

http://daismusic.bandcamp.com
Tarrasque
A Boy and His Blob (400+)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dasaten wrote:
I think the idea was to have a contest that encouraged more participation than OLRmageddon, and this simply did not do that. Three bonuses, the obligation not just to be crappy, but also funny, a theme that had to be ruled on by Tarrasque, and a 15 day deadline doesn't add up to more participants to me...

i have remembered this post for 7 years and i still think to myself "yes i fucked up exactly as he described" and i will forever continue to be ashamed. this is the worst thing i ever did on/to this internet site and i am a forever criminal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: Music All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: