Dwelling of Fools - October '05 - Spooky Places
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Big Fag
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 5,641
Location: pong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Dwelling of Fools - October '05 - Spooky Places Reply with quote

The theme for this month is SPOOKY PLACES!
Rexy wrote:
Considering that Halloween is almost around the corner, and will be that way for the end of the month, it's only fair that the new theme in line will be Spooky Places.

There's a good sea of opportunity out there. From the top of my head I'm thinking of Sonic 2's Mystic Cave, Super Mario World's Ghost Houses, the dungeons of Legend of Zelda, FF6's Haunted Train, a few parts of 600AD in Chrono Trigger and most locations in the Castlevania series. I'm interested to hear what people will come up with.

Site here.
Rules here.

Mixing begins now. Good luck.

N?neko wrote:
OMG Resultz!

Wooden Spoon for Bryant.
4th: Bryant - Satan Lol (29 points)

Then, epic battle for the 3rd-2nd places: just 7 points of gap.

Bronze medalist is Adam D.
3rd: Adam D - Bloody Ivory (46 points)

Silver medalist is Xenon Odyssey
2nd: Xenon Odyssey - Halloween @ Transilvania (53 points)

Winner, with a fucking huge amount of votes, is...
1st: Math Blaster - What the Hell? (81 votes)

Congratulations, etc.
Choose the theme and stuff. Very Happy

_________________
-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vilecat
Mario Mario (1,000+)


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 1,499
Location: Beaver's Nest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic 2 Mystic Cave isn't spooky. Sandopolis Act 2 from Sonic 3 could work maybe though, since there are stupid ghosts everywhere when you play with Sonic. And how could anyone forget Resident Evil, and even better, Silent Hill? Perfect Dark? Phantasmagoria maybe?

Anyway, good luck to anyone participating in this one Thumbs Up
_________________

SoloGamer69 wrote:
Xenon Odyssey wrote:
And you were banned because of postwhoring? From here? Damn. Now that's an impressive feat.

Not as impressive as George Castle being banned from a postwhoring forum for postwhoring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Fag
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 5,641
Location: pong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilecat wrote:
Sandopolis Act 2 from Sonic 3 could work maybe though, since there are stupid ghosts everywhere when you play with Sonic.
also when you play with Knuckles.
yeah, I hated that level. when I was younger I was scared by all those ghosts. maybe it's one of the only portions of a Sonic game that I don't like.
_________________
-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 9,105
Location: Parts Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only part I hated about that level was that I'd always get lost and run out of time. Though it had some nice music, so I never did mind.

Anyway, good luck 'n shit to the contestents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vilecat
Mario Mario (1,000+)


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 1,499
Location: Beaver's Nest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N?neko wrote:
Vilecat wrote:
Sandopolis Act 2 from Sonic 3 could work maybe though, since there are stupid ghosts everywhere when you play with Sonic.
also when you play with Knuckles.
yeah, I hated that level. when I was younger I was scared by all those ghosts. maybe it's one of the only portions of a Sonic game that I don't like.
When you play with Knuckles, the ghosts are gone because Sonic already passed by and supposedly got rid of them. That's one of the reasons i'd play with Knuckles instead in S3&K. I couldn't pass Sandopolis without losing half of my livesthe first time i played the game with Sonic.

But nothing wil ever beat the frustration of getting stuck at that specific place with the barrel in Carnival zone.
[/threadderail]
_________________

SoloGamer69 wrote:
Xenon Odyssey wrote:
And you were banned because of postwhoring? From here? Damn. Now that's an impressive feat.

Not as impressive as George Castle being banned from a postwhoring forum for postwhoring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Fag
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 5,641
Location: pong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilecat wrote:
N?neko wrote:
Vilecat wrote:
Sandopolis Act 2 from Sonic 3 could work maybe though, since there are stupid ghosts everywhere when you play with Sonic.
also when you play with Knuckles.
yeah, I hated that level. when I was younger I was scared by all those ghosts. maybe it's one of the only portions of a Sonic game that I don't like.
When you play with Knuckles, the ghosts are gone because Sonic already passed by and supposedly got rid of them. That's one of the reasons i'd play with Knuckles instead in S3&K. I couldn't pass Sandopolis without losing half of my livesthe first time i played the game with Sonic.
mh, are you sure? I get the ghosts with Knuckles, but I don't get them with Tails. I'll check again later.
_________________
-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
richter
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 3,259
Location: Silicon Valley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice Rexy. I was hoping the winner would choose something having to do with Halloween.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Azar
Pitfall Harry (750+)


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 973

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the Honey Bee Inn or Don Whateverhisfatface's Mansion from Final Fantasy 7 be considered spooky? (if not replay the game at that point and then tell me) Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rexy
Flammie Fag


Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Posts: 140

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw crap, I forgot about Sandopolis. Yep, that level scared me to death especially when playing with Knuckles >.<

Anyway, good luck Smile Not sure if I'd be able to participate this time around given that I have college work to ROFL at, but we'll see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
t3h real adam d.
Bowser (2,000+)


Joined: 14 Jun 2005
Posts: 2,051
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to do a collab for these? If so, then I know what I'm doing.
_________________
-t3hrealadamd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 9,105
Location: Parts Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h real adam d wrote:
Is it possible to do a collab for these? If so, then I know what I'm doing.

The Rules wrote:
6. Contestants are allowed to collaborate with other ReMiXeRs and are allowed to submit multiple entries per month.


Magic 8-Ball wrote:
All signs point to yes


Good luck to all the brave musicians out there in remixer land
(wait I think I already said this. Oh well. Screw it.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
t3h real adam d.
Bowser (2,000+)


Joined: 14 Jun 2005
Posts: 2,051
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1 for not investigating rules first. After I typed that I went and looked it up and found:

6. Contestants are allowed to collaborate with other ReMiXeRs and are allowed to submit multiple entries per month.

I was hoping noone would reply before I got back and edited it.

-2 for looking like an idiot.
_________________
-t3hrealadamd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Infinite MP
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 8,160
Location: Grand Forks, ND

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h real adam d wrote:
-1 for not investigating rules first. After I typed that I went and looked it up and found:

6. Contestants are allowed to collaborate with other ReMiXeRs and are allowed to submit multiple entries per month.

I was hoping noone would reply before I got back and edited it.

-2 for looking like an idiot.


+3 for admitting your mistake/error.

You are now pardoned, my son :-D
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Posts: 8,763
Location: gone. long gone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h real adam d wrote:
Is it possible to do a collab for these? If so, then I know what I'm doing.


*bambi eyes*
*hugs guitar*
_________________

the_p00t Classic* now back for a limited time.
new AIM madoubletee2290, for all my fans. also catch me on Xbox Live under BeastAxe. i play Gears, guys!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Xenon Odyssey
Mighty Composing Sexophonist


Joined: 27 May 2005
Posts: 5,758
Location: Forest Hill Zone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I had THE perfect song...

But then I remembered there's no singing/rapping allowed Sad

Oh well; even if Richter was to give me the ok, I still wouldn't do it now.

Cuz I found ANOTHER perfect song. Oooooooo yeah.
_________________
Google Site | SoundCloud | Facebook | bandcamp
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Disk Mastah Smokabitch wrote:
Xenon is the Ailsean of OverLooked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
richter
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 3,259
Location: Silicon Valley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singing is OK. I haven't updated the rules yet, but we discussed it last month. Crimson, who runs DoD, said it was ok but typically people look more for instruments. Guitar is dominant of course.

I think the main idea is that the stuff is recorded live and not 100% sequenced. So yeah that's why vocals are alright.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Infinite MP
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 8,160
Location: Grand Forks, ND

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Singing is OK. I haven't updated the rules yet, but we discussed it last month. Crimson, who runs DoD, said it was ok but typically people look more for instruments. Guitar is dominant of course.

I think the main idea is that the stuff is recorded live and not 100% sequenced. So yeah that's why vocals are alright.


love Thumbs Up
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Xenon Odyssey
Mighty Composing Sexophonist


Joined: 27 May 2005
Posts: 5,758
Location: Forest Hill Zone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Singing is OK. I haven't updated the rules yet, but we discussed it last month. Crimson, who runs DoD, said it was ok but typically people look more for instruments. Guitar is dominant of course.

I think the main idea is that the stuff is recorded live and not 100% sequenced. So yeah that's why vocals are alright.


DAMMIT

However, now all you people would know if a mix turned up with vocals that it would be me.

But can't we submit multiple mixes?....hee-hee-hee....

Not that I have the time...
_________________
Google Site | SoundCloud | Facebook | bandcamp
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Disk Mastah Smokabitch wrote:
Xenon is the Ailsean of OverLooked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)


Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 9,105
Location: Parts Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like people are taking advantage of every rule in the book this month.

Sneaky sneaky ++.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
t3h real adam d.
Bowser (2,000+)


Joined: 14 Jun 2005
Posts: 2,051
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLZ... does I have t3h first sobmission?
_________________
-t3hrealadamd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: Music All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:    
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2005 phpBB Group