Top 11 OLR Dramas of All Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your favolrite drama?
1. Famous last words by asslicker
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
2. Struck by GrayLightning
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
3. KoP Spywareâ„¢
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4. Say bye to the Cam
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
5. Disk Mastah Shael
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
6. IMP's and Solo's Unmod tour
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
7. Hella-Tight MC Rhikka-Dawg
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
8. These mod powers are made for trampling
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
9. Mystical Account-Hijacker Jimbo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
10. Ramco: First blood
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
11. Ramco: First blood part II
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloGamer wrote:
the_p00t wrote:
this thread should be immortalized for embodying everything that was good about OLR.

it's already a neverending poll that's about as immortal as you can get around here

fair enuff.

i miss the days when hilarious shit went down every other week and KoP and I stirred up drama.

man, Solo, visiting OLR now makes me feel OLD.

the_p00t Classic* now back for a limited time.
new AIM madoubletee2290, for all my fans. also catch me on Xbox Live under BeastAxe. i play Gears, guys!
Eriw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the days when Solo and I used to hide in the bushes... Crying or Very sad

www.nintendometal.com
Ghost64
Ludwig Von Koopa (250+)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know most of those crackas
Bowser (2,000+)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at this thread and it makes me so sad to think of all the knowledge that some shall never know of. Here at this little shithole place on the internet we have had some amazing happenings, had some pretty interesting people, and some great music. That golden age is all behind us now, and it amazes and saddens me at the sheer amount of other dramas and interesting individuals that other small sites (and some large sites) have.

So many stories, so many people, all to be lost to history and obscurity unless properly archived. And then what of the archive? Will anyone ever truly care to know of "that one time that dude did this and got banned" or "this guy trolling and the silly mods did something funny".

I feel like an old guy sitting on his porch or in a hospital days reminiscing of better days gone by.

... BAAAWWW Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Why do you guys play video games? You're never going to make money doing it, infact you waste money doing it. Most of you don't have girlfriends, and the 4 of you that do, probably found her outside digging through your garbage can trying to eat garbage.
Ghost64
Ludwig Von Koopa (250+)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregZor wrote:
I look at this thread and it makes me so sad to think of all the knowledge that some shall never know of. Here at this little shithole place on the internet we have had some amazing happenings, had some pretty interesting people, and some great music. That golden age is all behind us now, and it amazes and saddens me at the sheer amount of other dramas and interesting individuals that other small sites (and some large sites) have.

So many stories, so many people, all to be lost to history and obscurity unless properly archived. And then what of the archive? Will anyone ever truly care to know of "that one time that dude did this and got banned" or "this guy trolling and the silly mods did something funny".

I feel like an old guy sitting on his porch or in a hospital days reminiscing of better days gone by.

wow well said buddy, but don't be so sure that those times are over and forgotten, as time goes by olr will possibly reach above and beyond that "golden age" you seek. You never know what the future holds GregZor. so dont be so negative and never lose hope!
Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost64 wrote:
GregZor wrote:

wow well said buddy, but don't be so sure that those times are over and forgotten, as time goes by olr will possibly reach above and beyond that "golden age" you seek. You never know what the future holds GregZor. so dont be so negative and never lose hope!

No Ghost, you're not the messiah.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!1
Xenon Odyssey
Mighty Composing Sexophonist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pokezel wrote:
This guy is the messiah ->

Xenon is the Ailsean of OverLooked.
ILLiterate
A Boy and His Blob (400+)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EazyP Vs. Samus Aran's Tampons was best fgts

Blog/Site - Good job Coop formerly known as EazyP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mod of the Skies
Pitfall Harry (750+)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys what's goin on

Edit: The alt account fiasco was amazing. Solo had about 4 alts, I had 2 and started a thread to argue with myself, and there were a bunch of others that I never figured out who they were. Good times.

also ramco lol

dont post gostse guys it offends my feelings stop it guys i mean it jeez

KOP Quotes wrote:
King Of Pillows: "Considering the fact that you have, on several occasions, tried to break up the community and start flame wars for your own entertainment, I don't believe that we should do anything for you?"

King Of Pillows: "Die. Solo, Haz, IMP, asslicker... all of you faggots should just die."

King Of Pillows: "you just come when Solo summons you and cause trouble and shit."

KOP fan 4 lyfe

SoloGamer wrote:
i thought you'd get the joke, but you are only reinforcing my belief that olr has a terrible sense of humor
the_p00t
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alts were awesome. i still have one of mine (not_richter got banned after i used it to downvote my own remix tho).

you huys remember when we could change account names on the fly? that was awesome. we were all changing our names every other week. i think IMP even swapped names with someone for a while or something, but i dont remember because that was a long time ago (like 2005). that should be on the list of dramas (even though it wasnt really an "incident").

the_p00t Classic* now back for a limited time.
new AIM madoubletee2290, for all my fans. also catch me on Xbox Live under BeastAxe. i play Gears, guys!
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eriw wrote:
I remember the days when Solo and I used to hide in the bushes... Crying or Very sad

we made quite the tag team

the_p00t wrote:
you huys remember when we could change account names on the fly? that was awesome. we were all changing our names every other week. i think IMP even swapped names with someone for a while or something, but i dont remember because that was a long time ago (like 2005). that should be on the list of dramas (even though it wasnt really an "incident").

pixelated switched with azar (or adam, can't remember)

also nieko and i made a few co-accounts (soloyasha, anonymous dof contestant)
Infinite MP
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched with a mod (can't remember who now) for awhile and even made a few accounts myself once upon a time.

Ah yes, the good old days.
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackass wrote:
I switched with a mod (can't remember who now)

probably nin­eko since the only other mod that switched accounts as far as i know was robokop with jimmy.
Mod of the Skies
Pitfall Harry (750+)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

KOP Quotes wrote:
King Of Pillows: "Considering the fact that you have, on several occasions, tried to break up the community and start flame wars for your own entertainment, I don't believe that we should do anything for you?"

King Of Pillows: "Die. Solo, Haz, IMP, asslicker... all of you faggots should just die."

King Of Pillows: "you just come when Solo summons you and cause trouble and shit."

KOP fan 4 lyfe

SoloGamer wrote:
i thought you'd get the joke, but you are only reinforcing my belief that olr has a terrible sense of humor
Tarrasque

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was richter
Tarrasque

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but unrelated to that,

ninookie is notable in retro gaming circles, in particular sega retro, as a pretty indispensable wizard about old music formats, to the point where there have been a lot of really fucking monumental projects over the years where everybody else involved just reacted to his aspergery weirdness like an otter getting bitched out by his wife - hands up, float on.

this was certainly not his first time getting a boot in his ass, however. he was involved with Project Megamix for a long time, then he dropped a beta of it in protest of... something, i really don't remember*, but he absolutely knew it would royally cheese the entire cast there at sega retro, from the Megamix team to the forum staff. considering the sonic community is largely tolerant of furfags and embarrassing deviantart tweens by necessity, that they drew a line with ol' ninny is remarkable. just as remarkable, though, is the fact that after paddlin' him over his naughtiness, they had to begrudgingly let him back into the fold, conceding that his sorcery was far too valuable to cast away.

in our case here at OLR, HAHAHA, WE AIN'T DO ANY IMPORTANT SHIT DAWG, so there's no reason why he couldn't fuck right off! and so he did. at time of writing, i believe we're the second venue to boot him permanently... he was the first contestant voted off the show during one season of the Italian equivalent of "Beauty and the Geek," a reality show where goony eggheads competed awkwardly for the affections of academically challenged ho-bags.

since any of you who read that last paragraph are going YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME TARRASQUE, DO YOU HAVE PROOF?, yes of course i have proof you dillhole. several proofs. i never lie.

1. the official website for the contest, La Pupa E il Secchione in his tongue, lists him by his real name along with a photograph (now lost to time, unfortunately) - he's the last person on this archived copy of the page: https://web.archive.org/web/20061106174109/http://www.papizone.com/la_pupa_e_il_secchione/concorrenti.asp

2. this was public knowledge as early as august of 2008, to the point where it was written into his biographical page on the Sonic Retro wiki: http://info.sonicretro.org/index.php?title=Nin eko&direction=next&oldid=77001 (this is not the oldest edit in which this information appears, but i thought it was the one best formatted. you will of course need to fix the hyperlink yourself, as this forum's wordfilter renders all instances of the word "nineko" as "asslicker")

3. communities not remotely involved with rom hacking or music were well aware of this, and continue to sneer at him about it to this very day. here is one of dozens of examples: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:T_XRAK6EMTMJ:forum.badposts.org/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D4%26t%3D2318+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

as for my assessment of krillin, i too must nod in acknowledgment of a grand master. his expertise and his contributions to the field of medicine have been invaluable to virtually everyone who has ever even started making a lame sonic romhack. it's a shame he's such an aggravating little bitch goober, otherwise i'd invite him over to play LEGOs and watch Rick and Morty - a singular honor for him, as i don't usually fuck men over 30.

*: oh yeah i remember, he'd contributed some "cart scans" of various video games to various retro gaming wikis, just pictures of box art and cartridge labels, and something caused him to become violently adamant that they be removed from those wikis. i seem to faintly remember his gripe being that the images in question were of unsatisfactory quality, but there's an overwhelming likelihood that i'm confusing two entirely unrelated obscure incidents because my mind is a clusterfuck of useless trivia, and it's just as likely that nineko, true to form, decided to be an aggravating fuckstick that day on a coin flip.
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I dunno if I ever told anyone here, but Nin and I actually met in person around the time that forum drama shit happened.

Fucking seriously. He was taking a tour of the US and came to Portland as his first stop. He's met my family. We picked him up from the airport at a stupid hour of the night, and the only thing that was still open on the way to his hotel was McDonalds. His first meal in America was a goddamn eight pack of chicken mcnuggets. It was sort of beautiful.

When my brother went to school in Austria for a year some time later, he took a train down to Italy and visited Nin's family and got to tour Milan with them.

In person, he's a lot different than you might expect. Quiet, but a pretty chill dude overall. Really goddamn smart; he took his camera apart and fucked with it to improve the photo quality, so I'll believe the tech wizard thing any day. And really, he never struck me as much of an asshole or anything like that. It sort of taught me how different people can be offline, and the truth isn't always as horrifying as you might expect.

I'm not gonna try and defend the shit that he did, because it was pretty fucking shitty. I just think that life is funny because who would've fucking thought, right? The forum troll on the video game remix parody site ended up being a family friend.
Brunzolaitis
Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in late 2005 or so I had a chat with him on ICQ, and he seemed very nice and polite. He showed me pictures of where he lived, that tree under which he recorded the vocals for "My name is..."
He really wanted to make a song together but our techniques and programs were so different, so it never happened.
I think we might have become friends too, if we had met in real life.

http://daismusic.bandcamp.com
Divisible by Waffle
no

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The life lesson here is, even good people can be assholes online.
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divisible by Waffle wrote:
Man, I dunno if I ever told anyone here, but Nin and I actually met in person around the time that forum drama shit happened.

Fucking seriously. He was taking a tour of the US and came to Portland as his first stop.

I was his next stop and yeah he was pretty polite in person. My dad even lent nienko his car when the car rental place wouldn't accept his credit card (I didn't have my license at the time, so I couldn't drive). The following holiday season, he sent us a loaf of panettone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: