OLRmageddon XXXVI - December 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenon Odyssey
Mighty Composing Sexophonist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: OLRmageddon XXXVI - December 2009 Reply with quote

OLRmageddon

With Tarrasque returning to OverLooked after a 5 year hiatus, he takes his first gold in OLRmageddon and gives us his theme!

Need some clarification? Tarrasque did the following all by himself, so I'll let him take over.

Tarrasque wrote:
as temporary king of OLRmageddon, i decree the following as the theme - and accompanying bonus criterion - for the month of December, 2009:

THEME: YOUR ASS

In keeping with hOLRiday traditions such as putting your ass on Santa's foreass,
saddling asses as vehicles to witness the birth of Jesus, and the use of eggnog in getting drunk off your ass,
OLR will celebrate our proud Jewish heritage by limiting our remixable track pool...
to include only games where there is clear and convincing evidence that the character, unit, or other entity that the player controls, has as part of its anatomy or structural makeup, an ass or ass-analogue.
If multiple characters are controlled by the player, all of them must have asses (asses are not optional).

EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE GAMES:

• Super Mario Brothers: Mario is human, and therefore has an ass. If he did not have an ass, complications from asslessness would have killed him long before he could have possibly embarked on an adventuring career. Mario's status as having an ass is corroborated by having a more well-defined, three-dimensional ass in later games in the series, which are consequently also eligible.

• Boogerman: Snotty Ragsdale, the man behind the mask, has an ass. It is clear that he has an ass because he uses it for farting. Farting only comes from asses, by clinical definition.

• Duke Nukem: The Duke makes frequent verbal declarations as to his possession of and willingness to use an ass to poop. Quote, "I'll tear off your head and shit down your neck." Poop, like farts, also comes from asses.

• Star Fox: The anthropomorphic Fox McCloud is assumed to have an ass or ass-analogue. Neither he nor any other character might ever demonstrate throughout the series that they shit or fart, nor are bathrooms or similar designated pooping locations frequently sighted, but the presence of a physically-definable ass is enough to qualify for eligibility.

Notice that most eligible titles feature humans or humanoids as your playable character.

EXAMPLES OF INELIGIBLE TITLES:

• ToeJam & Earl: Earl's use of pants suggests that he may have an ass, but aside from his falling animation in the first TJE game, there is no indication that ToeJam has an ass. In fact, his alien physiology may render asses obsolete, and this may also be the case for all other denizens of Funkatron - they may very well wear clothing either as a fashion accessory or for modesty. The presence of food items in the games, taken with the absence of bathrooms, would suggest an assless alien biological paradigm. Whether or not this is the case, the possibility of asslessness exists, so it is not clear and convincing evidence.

• Taz-Mania:If Taz the Tazmanian Devil did not have an ass, his eating habits would have unimaginable gastric consequences; however, we can not assume that Taz does have an ass, as he has never been known to fart or poop. His tail may suggest an ass, but that could be a tentacle or a benign tumor (or possibly a misaligned scrotum).

(5:44:02 PM) Maximoose: Taz does not.
    (5:44:06 PM) Tarrasque: no ass taz?
    (5:44:06 PM) Maximoose: He is a triangle

My resident assologist points out that triangles do not have asses, and that Warner Brothers, Inc., is reluctant to confirm that their characters have asses. If, during the remix submission period, WB does make an official statement as to their characters having asses, tracks belonging to Taz-Mania and some other Warner Bros. characters with ass-ambiguous status starring in video games may become eligible titles.

• Altered Beast: The protagonists in their human forms do appear to have asses, but it is unclear whether or not their Altered Beast forms also have asses, especially in the case of the green Dragon. Units under the control of the player must always have asses (asses NOT OPTIONAL).

• Sol-Deace: One might suggest that the player controls the pilot of the spaceship, who in turn controls the ship. This is not correct; you are not awarded "extra pilots" or "extra lives," you are awarded "extra ships," as evidenced by the spaceship shape of 1up icons. Also, the pilot is only referenced in select cutscenes, and does not make a definite appearance during the course of gameplay. Spaceships do not have asses.

• Guilty Gear: Most characters, especially Dizzy, have asses. However, Justice, Sol Badguy, Robo-Ky, Testament, and in fact Dizzy herself, are Gears, and as such have asses only as incidental structural formations - they are synthetic asses. Any Guilty Gear game wherein a Gear is playable is ineligible, and since Sol (THE Guilty Gear) is playable in every game in the series, none are eligible. All playable characters must have real asses.

BONUS: MY ASS

Let's not forget who else has an ass - that's right, you do! The bonus condition is met if you can muster up the hOLRiday spirit to audibly incorporate your own ass into your remix.

Ever wanted your best friend to rhythmically slap your ass to the sounds of Vectorman?
Been waiting for an excuse to fart in your microphone to show all your friends how flexible you are?
Don't know what to do with that audio recording of your colonoscopy?
This is the most wonderful time of the year... FOR YOU!
(Due to the difficulty and potential embarrassment involved in the providing of evidence that it really was your ass and not someone else's, using anyone's ass noises is fine, even if you don't know who they are. Special considerations may be given to contestants who can demonstrate that they did, in fact, use their own ass.)

The most ass-accessible OLRmageddon ever is in full swing, and remember: It is better to give than to receive! So submit a fucking remix seriously this contest is like a ghost town now.

The special consideration being: you get a tasty +1 in addition to the +2, for a total of 3 bonus points. Use your ass!

Here's a related picture I found:

For future reference, anyone who put in the effort and so eloquently displays the theme and bonus will get +1 bonus point on their next mix in the competition. That means if Tarrasque enters the contest this month, he could get up to 4 bonus points on his mix! CrAzY!

Arrow Mixing begins when you read this.
Exclamation Mixing ends on December 27th at 11:59 PM EST (8:59 PM for the PST-ers).
Arrow Voting begins as soon as the songs are uploaded to the site.
Exclamation Voting ends on December 31st at 11:59 PM EST.
dump truck Rinse & repeat.

I liek turdles.
Xenon is the Ailsean of OverLooked.

Last edited by Xenon Odyssey on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
cawnil
Contributing Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm putting a post on this
Nase
Baby Koopa (300+)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This theme shits on oldschool gaming.
How many 8 or 16-bit characters have a clearly identifiable asses? It's a question of pixel efficiency.
3d graphics make it so much easier to include asses, even when their theoretical functionality has no impact on the game at all (apart from being appealing or revolting).
Granted, there are older games in which the protagonist uses the impact of his ass to defeat his enemies, cannonball style. Surprisingly, the only games i can think of right now that do this are all games featuring Mickey Mouse.

I see a problem with fighting games: Pretty much all characters in there have asses, including some very voluptuous ones. but often enough they throw in a dinosaur or a robot for variety, which disqualifies the game by your standards. that's just harsh, man.

Finally, the only way to prove that you earned your special consideration bonus would be to film the whole process of generating sounds with your ass.

Well, all things considered, it's still a pretty kickass theme Smile
Xenon Odyssey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nase wrote:
film the whole process of generating sounds with your ass.

i promise not to upload them onto YouTube or any other video site love
Tarrasque
A Boy and His Blob (400+)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nase wrote:
How many 8 or 16-bit characters have a clearly identifiable asses? It's a question of pixel efficiency.

Direct your attentions to article 1 in the List of Eligible Games. The assumption that humans have asses is automatic. All humans have asses, but not all asses are human. Mario is in. So is Link.

It is similarly straightforward in the case of Donkey Kong titles, as it is a long-established fact that monkeys throw poop. You must have an ass to poop. Donkey Kong is in.

The ass, like the breeze, need not be visible per se; the presence or absence of an ass can be demonstrated through logical reasoning.

There are, however, ass-ambiguous cases. Pac-Man is one example. During the course of gameplay, Pac-Man eats. Eating can lead to pooping. Does he shit between rounds, or is the digestive process of his species so efficient that he does not create waste matter? In these cases, there is the possibility of asslessness, meaning the evidence of ass is NOT clear and convincing. Pac-Man is out.

Nase wrote:
Granted, there are older games in which the protagonist uses the impact of his ass to defeat his enemies, cannonball style. Surprisingly, the only games i can think of right now that do this are all games featuring Mickey Mouse.

The application of destructive force is not limited to asses. Mickey Mouse does not have an ass because he neither farts nor poops, but also because the seat of his pants is smooth and does not show a bisecting anal cleft ("buttcheeks") - what clothing he wears is either for aesthetics or modesty. Disney, like WB, is not prepared to issue a statement positively confirming that their characters have asses. Mickey Mouse is out.

There is another title for the NES, Hebereke, wherein characters can destroy enemies by holding the D-Pad down until they make contact with an enemy's head. Of the four playable characters - a penguin, a furry in a catsuit, a stylin' ghost, and a mouthbreathing fish-thing - the ghost does not have an ass. Souls are assless. Games featuring disembodied souls as playable characters are out.

However, fans of the Berenstain Bears can rejoice, as their title for the Sega Genesis features not only destructive ass-force, but also bears. Bears shit like you don't even know. Bears are in.

Nase wrote:
I see a problem with fighting games: Pretty much all characters in there have asses, including some very voluptuous ones. but often enough they throw in a dinosaur or a robot for variety, which disqualifies the game by your standards. that's just harsh, man.

The fossil record indicates that dinosaurs pooped, and pretty much everywhere. Dinosaurs must have asses because they poop. However, your assessment of robot asslessness is correct, as robots have synthetic asses at best. Dinosaurs are in, robots are out.

The arcade fighting game Metamoqester stars explicitly human playable characters, as do many titles in the Samurai Shodown series and the Street Fighter franchise, but unfortunately, some King of Fighter characters are inorganic, such as the cyborg Maxima. Cyborgs with pants may or may not have a concealed, but still organic, ass. King of Fighter games featuring Maxima are out.

Those of you who are fans of the Streets of Rage beat-'em-up titles can breathe easy... except for Streets of Rage 3, which features Dr. Zan as a playable character. He rocks bluejeans, so like Maxima, it is not expressly certain whether or not he only has a mechanical torso. Streets of Rage 3 is out.

The X-Men are mutated humans, and as such are assumed to have asses as part of their biological foundation. Whether or not Gambit can drop a deuce without fragging the shitter is not an object; pooping is not always convenient. X-Men games with a playable cast comprised solely of mutants are in.

Nase wrote:
Finally, the only way to prove that you earned your special consideration bonus would be to film the whole process of generating sounds with your ass.

Yes.
Nase
Baby Koopa (300+)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrasque wrote:
The fossil record indicates that dinosaurs pooped, and pretty much everywhere. Dinosaurs must have asses because they poop.

assholes, yes. asses, different story. i believe true asses are exclusive to mammals.
One Winged Rakunya
Slime (25+)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the logic here, Digimon games are in? At the least I would think that the first Digimon World is in. While sometimes it is uncertain where a Digimon's ass might be (Airdramon, for instance), the game demonstrates that all Digimon have asses because all Digimon poop.
And good ol' Primal Rage. A fighter of Dinosaurs and a couple of Monkeys. Its already been established here that Dinosaurs poop. And monkeys poop. One of them in game even has a fart attack.
cawnil
Contributing Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Winged Rakunya wrote:
\And good ol' Primal Rage. A fighter of Dinosaurs and a couple of Monkeys. Its already been established here that Dinosaurs poop. And monkeys poop. One of them in game even has a fart attack.

Ha ha, YEAH!
Tarrasque
A Boy and His Blob (400+)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Winged Rakunya wrote:
Following the logic here, Digimon games are in? At the least I would think that the first Digimon World is in. While sometimes it is uncertain where a Digimon's ass might be (Airdramon, for instance), the game demonstrates that all Digimon have asses because all Digimon poop.
And good ol' Primal Rage. A fighter of Dinosaurs and a couple of Monkeys. Its already been established here that Dinosaurs poop. And monkeys poop. One of them in game even has a fart attack.

Whereas pooping comes from asses, Digimon World games which feature pooping are in.

Primal Rage is in. Similarly, so is nearly every Donkey Kong game.
cawnil
Contributing Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrasque wrote:
every Donkey Kong game.[/color]

probably also any shrek game, right?
cuz there's a donkey in it
which is an ass
Xenon Odyssey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cawnil wrote:
Tarrasque wrote:
every Donkey Kong game.[/color]

probably also any shrek game, right?
cuz there's a donkey in it
which is an ass

cawnil
Contributing Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xuwawa
Daisy (50+)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy birthday jesus, hope you like crap!
2nd place - Gametabs.net Original Tunes Contest #4: Mini-Sonata
2nd Place - QEAR Round 2: Valentine's Day

Xenon Odyssey wrote:
NEW REMIXER APPROACHES! ...wait, doll raper?

Last edited by xuwawa on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenon Odyssey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xuwawa wrote:
merry christmas, my present to you is that i finally made a song for OLRmageddoniton...

um

...now how do i submit it, thru Music>>Submit up top, or is it seperate?

it's my first time actually doing it instead of just saying i'm gonna do it.

sweet christ i'm too excited, i'm'a shut up before i ruin it.

PM me all your goodies; if you don't have hosting e-mail to xenonodyssey at hotmail dot com

remember to include game, mix title, remixer, and where i can find the bonus/any additional infos!
One Winged Rakunya
Slime (25+)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, didn't get it finished in time....it was turning out so good, too.
Oh well, I guess there's next month.
Xenon Odyssey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIKE WHOA

shenanigans!
Xenon Odyssey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so now there are three entries

practice safe sex!
Xenon Odyssey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE VOTE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

IT'LL TAKE LIKE 5 MINTUES TO LISTEN TO THE SONGS AND SEND ME A PM, I SWEAR

Xenon Odyssey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cawnil wrote:

(ps quad post)
Jildon
Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INTEEEENSE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: Music All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: