Hey OLR should have a facebook page!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would help the site grow?
An OLR bake sale
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Let it die
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better promotion on other social media networks
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
dump truck
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

cotti
Daisy (50+)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one, and it seems I managed to get a friend inside.

Let us all connect together to spam Google+ as hell create a great social community sharing love for remixes. I just need your Google account links and passwords

While the proper INVITE SOMEONE page is unreachable, it seems that posting something on your stream (yeah, that's pretty much facebook-ey) and adding people outside G+ (but checking a box to send them an email) does the trick.
Ramaniscence
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/OverLooked-ReMiX/167915553241020

Who is this admin of this? Whoever it is, add me.

Second off:

I'm going to find an elegant way to add +1/tweet/like buttons to OLR. The one reason I'm reluctant to right away is it'll increase page load times and I want to make sure I can minimize that before hand.

Third off:

Once I do, I'm going to add a LIKE and a SHARE button. It's important you guys know the difference if you want to make the most of the promotions.

http://thasauce.net/2011/07/06/mammoth-sound-presents-the-day-after-the-geek-easy-518/

If you look at this article, for instance, you'll notice in the top right corner is the "like button" and on the left side is the "share button". The number on them is the same, and the function is similar. If you like on something it says on your facebook profile "X has liked this" and if you share something it says "X has shared this." However, there is 1 very important difference: If you post something on your wall via "like" and someone likes on it no big deal. HOWEVER if you "Share" something on your wall and someone likes on it, that like counts towards the over all share number. So you like it and someone likes your like, you get 1 like out of it. You SHARE it and someone likes it on your wall, you get 2 likes out of it.

The most likes, the more "social proof" you get, and people say "Well 20 people like this it's worth checking out" etc.

BUT again...elegance.

It's also important to note that OLR actually has a good amount of page rank and traffic, but...........people don't return too often. A niche of a niche of a niche is...well...pretty niche.

What we need to focus on doing is bringing the top 10 or so forefront and start thinking of the user experiences and calls to action that'll keep people coming back to the site.

Wait'll you see my Shocked,
Wait'll you see my Cool,
Girl, wait'll you see my Wink,
I'mma beat that Exclamation up!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoloGamer
Post Whore (5,000+)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramaniscence wrote:
I'm going to find an elegant way to add +1/tweet/like buttons to OLR. The one reason I'm reluctant to right away is it'll increase page load times and I want to make sure I can minimize that before hand.

Until then, a simple link on the front page/links section would be nice.

Also, I'm kind of curious how the daily featured remix works. I'm assuming it just picks a random mix from a pool of mixes with a certain number of points/trucks/comments/whatever. Reason I ask is because Dr. Overlooked has got to be the most commonly featured mix. In the past two months, it's come up like 5 times. Kind of disappointing hitting the front page hoping to see a mix I haven't heard yet only to find that instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OverLooked ReMiX Forum Index :: General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: